CyNam, (Cyber Cheltenham) is a non-profit making organisation based in the heart of the UK’s cyber security community in Cheltenham.
The goal of CyNam is to bring together the best technology minds from local SME’s and Startups to fully harness the rich cyber security ecosystem that flourishes around Cheltenham, the home of the National Technical Authority for Information Security, GCHQ.
CyNam is now a Community Interest Company with a Board of Directors incorporating technical leaders from the local community, with backing from local and national government.
Check out the video below to see what CyNam is all about. This is a video of CyNam 18.2 Cyber Skills and Education.
- Regular (3-4 per annum) collaboration and networking events in Cheltenham with 5-6 presentations from locally based cyber and tech companies
- Further “spin off” events offering free presentations and advice on relevant subjects
- Regular liaison with local government and GCHQ on developing partnerships with the local tech and cyber community, including longer term aims for Cheltenham’s Cyber Business Park
- The CyNam website acts as a “virtual hub”, offering a network and directory of proven local companies, individuals and contacts who can provide support and guidance across:
- Legal issues including company formation, intellectual property, HR advice, gearing a business for sale, etc.
- Angel investment and funding options for companies at various stages of growth
- Accelerator / “Catapult” options on a local and national level for companies seeking defined programmes
- Sales & marketing including online branding, market penetration or diversification activities
- Other tech & cyber security SME’s who are willing to offer advice or collaboration opportunities
- Contact and potential partnership opportunities with major industry corporations who have offices locally
- Free mentoring from proven business and technical thought leaders
- Graduate and intern schemes with the local university and initiatives such as Cyber Security Challenge
- Recruitment and resource management advice for small businesses seeking to grow